Owners and CEOs of Mellow Mood Group, Sameer Hamdan and Zuhair Awad were selected among the 50 most influential individuals in the Hungarian tourism industry, for the fourth year in a row.
On February 1, Tourism Ltd. presented its well-known awards and publication at the 25th Season Opening Tourism Gala and Award Ceremony. A jury made up of their team and 20 members of professional organizations voted for the most influential persons in the domestic tourism sector, based on their professional work. During the selection process, not only the size and revenues of the companies were taken into consideration, but also their influence on the tourism sector and their foreign and domestic reputation.
A story to tell
More than 20 years ago, owners and CEOs of the most dynamically developing hotel group of the last decade, Sameer Hamdan and Zuhair Awad arrived in Hungary as students. For their achievements, today they are known as prominent members and among the most influential persons of the Hungarian tourism industry.
• 12 operating hotels from hostel to 5-star categories
• multiple real estate development projects in the Hungarian capital (hotels, restaurants, premises, business centers)
• more than 500 employees
• foreign and domestic awards for their hotels (TripAdvisor, Hotelbeds, TrustYou, Expedia, International Hotel Awards, Best of Budapest & Hungary, Turizmus Trend „Iránytű", etc.)
• "Tourism Investors of the Year" Award in 2010
• Golden Cross of Merit of Hungary in 2012
• significant lobbying activity to support the work of the Hungarian Tourism Plc. in the Arabic region, and to support the tourism-friendly development of the 5th district of Budapest
• corporate social responsibility
• Pro Tourismo Award in 2015
The past years for Mellow Mood Group were not only about growth and stabilization, but also about planning and preparation for new development: today they are ready for an expansion with 4-5 additional hotel. The hotel group’s current major project is the restoration of another emblematic building to its original beauty. Parisi Udvar is to open in 2018 as a 5-star luxury hotel with conference facilities, a penthouse suite and a spa, also offering cafés, restaurants and shops on the ground and first floor, which will be available for tourists and locals alike.
The owners and CEOs of the Mellow Mood Group believe that their success lies in their employees’ youthful dynamism and strong leathership. "A company’s success depends on their employees becoming a good team, a family."